Coloured Pencil Artist
Lesley captures a variety of subjects in her favourite medium: coloured pencil. She enjoys experimenting with different papers and pencils and draws what catches her eye.
Born in Bulawayo, Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe), Lesley relocated with her family to South Africa at the age of 14 where she completed her schooling and obtained a degree in Industrial Psychology. After managing a large private game reserve for the past 11 years, Lesley and her husband recently purchased their own farm in the Eastern Cape Highlands where they farm Nguni cattle and Merino sheep.
Lesley started drawing at the end of 2017 when she attended a graphite pencil workshop held by South Africa wildlife artist Vincent Reid From there she progressed to drawing in coloured pencils in May 2018 and is enjoying exploring different styles, pencils and papers with a variety of subjects.
Lesley is now concentrating on her art full time and takes commissions as well as produces art for sale.
- South African Artist Magazine – featured Artist and cover page – October 2018
- Ann Kullberg’s Color Magazine gallery page – “The Music Makers” – July 2019
- Colored Pencil Magazine – Latest and Greatest gallery page – “The Biggest Catch” – August 2019
- Ann Kullberg Hidden Treasures Vol 6 (to be published)
- Colored Pencil Magazine – Gallery page – “Kaleidoscope” – September 2020
- Sept 2020 – “Vusi” published in Ann Kullberg’s Hidden Treasures Vol 6
- Encouragement Award – CPCAU Online Exhibition – “Make a Wish” – March 2019
- Winner of CPCAU Anniversary Competition – “The Music Makers” – April 2019
- A number of pictures featured in Ann Kullberg’s Color Magazine video showcase
- Special Merit Award for “Watchful” in Light Space Time 9th Open Competition (Painting & Other Media) – Aug 2019
- Special Merit Award for “The Biggest Catch” in Light Space Time 9th Open Competition (Painting & Other Media) – Aug 2019
- October 2019 – First prize in Drawing from Observation competition for “Apple”
- March 2020 – First runner up in Drawing from Observation portrait competition with “Valentijn”